Previous

Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Agendas and Minutes

Minutes of the meeting January 10th 2018

FROXFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to the Council: Nigel Ford 10 Manor Park, Froxfield, SN8 3LF
Phone 01488 683064 e-mail froxfield.ford@btinternet.com
[/b]
[b]MINUTES OF THE PARISH MEETING

HELD ON WEDNESDAY 10 JANUARY 2018 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT: Cllrs. Pat Adams (Chair), Vanya Body (Vice Chair), Steve Heppenstall, Toby Tills, Alex Montague-Smith, Nigel Ford (Clerk)
The Parish Meeting began at 7.30 pm

1. Apologies for absence: Cllr. Thomson, Cllr. Wilson

2. New Councillors: Cllrs. Steve Heppenstall, Toby Tills and Alex Montague-Smith were welcomed as new members of the Parish Council and confirmed their pledge.

3. Minutes of meeting held on 8 November 2017
Minutes of the meeting held on 8 November were accepted as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

4. Declarations of Interest: None
To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) Order 2001, revised 20

Matters outstanding from the last meeting: Pending acceptance of the 2018-2019 precept the Council confirmed they expected to be able to offer a donation to the parish church. Figures to be finalised after April 1st 2018.
Cllr. Body confirmed funds for the Memorial bench for Mr J. Savage have been guaranteed by the agent. Request for invoice to be sent directed to the solicitor. Cllr. Body to investigate further. VB
Wiltshire Council have itemised white lines for the corner of Manor Park to help resolve parking issue. Cllr. Body to follow up at future CATG meetings. VB

Planning: None

7. Marlborough Area Board (MAB): Upcoming meetings scheduled for 23rd January and 13th March. A reminder that grants are available for various groups and the public are invited to attend meetings.
Cllr. Body confirmed need for engineers to quantify costs involved for proposal of traffic calming measures. Currently Froxfield is at reserve priority number 3 on the list. Suggestion to review report (available on the Froxfield community website) to prioritise items from overall plan.

8. Community Fund: Cllr. Adams confirmed list of suggestions received and information will be made available on the community website. Cllr Body noted planters start from approximately £400 each and white gates a similar price to help emphasise the village to traffic.

9. Water Meadow/ARK: Funds of £1000 from the Co-Op, Hungerford have been confirmed for the Froxfield Water Meadow. Cllr. Body distributed concept plans received from ARK and a request was made for Cllr. Body to invite ARK to the next parish council meeting to present the plans. VB
A quotation from Bawden Tree Care has been received and distributed by Cllr Adams to the Council. Cllr Body to advise ARK of the proposed work. VB

10. 2018 Budget – Clerk presented draft budget for discussion by the Council. Discussion regarding potential inclusion of church ground maintenance into official budget.
Action: Cllr. Body to confirm church ground maintenance cutting frequency and cost and any other source of income to cover costs so Council can make budget decision. VB

11. Finance:

a) Present financial position: Parish Account (09/01/2018) £20,737.90

b) Payments Bawden Managed Landscaping (16908 retro) £576.00
Francis Carne Associates (25/1117/02 retro) £ 14.12
BPP Grounds (Nov Inv DG170194 retro) £ 40.00
BPP Grounds (25th Nov 2017 DG170168) £ 40.00

c) Receipts None

The payments at (b) were approved by Cllr Adams, seconded by Cllr Heppenstall and agreed nem con.

d) Bank reconciliation Cllr Body signed off balance as at 10 January 2018.


12. Correspondence, matters of parochial interest and items for next agenda:
Parking in village hall: a letter of complaint has been received regarding a parking notice left on a vehicle whose owners were attending a funeral. Cllr. Adams has sent sincere apologies and will request the church advises a village hall contact of any funerals or events in advance. PA

13. Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 14 March 2018 at 7.30 pm.

14. Public Forum: None

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.35pm.

Note: All initials in Bold Type require Action



Signed……………………………..... Chairman Date………………………