Agendas and Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of November 8th 2017

Clerk to the Council: Nigel Ford 10 Manor Park, Froxfield, SN8 3LF
Phone 01488 683064 e-mail


PRESENT: Cllrs. Pat Adams (Chair), Vanya Body (Vice Chair), Claire Costello, Nigel Ford (Clerk) and 2 members of the public.

The Parish Meeting began at 7.30 pm

1. Apologies for absence: Cllr. Les Thomson

2. Minutes of meeting held on 13 September 2017
Minutes of the meeting held on 13 September were accepted as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

3 Declarations of Interest: None
To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) Order 2001, revised 20

4. Matters outstanding from the last meeting:
Broadband Update:
Issues still ongoing for some village residents and BT OpenReach advise different problems are being reported. Cllr. Body will continue to monitor and liaise with BT OpenReach as necessary.

5. Planning: None

6. Marlborough Area Board (MAB): Nothing to report as no meeting held since last parish council in September.

7. Community Fund: Cllr. Adams to collate list of suggestions and commentary and circulate to Council. Cllr. Body to investigate prices for planters and gates and enquire at CATG meeting regarding potential for part-funding for gates. PA/VB

8. Water Meadow/ARK: Representative from ARK visited the water meadow in order to provide an outline of potential plans, depending upon scope of work. ARK praised the village chalk stream and noted the importance to the area. Expectation of potential public meeting in Spring 2018 to present plans.

9. New Items: Cllr. Costello has arranged for additional time to submit WW1 tree order as we await guidance from ARK.
Action: Cllr Body to clarify how ARK will manage tree and hedge supply and ask for guidance regarding order of 2 of each of the suggested trees for WW1 rememberance. VB
Action: Cllr. Costello to order oak tree and ask The Pelican if there is a suitable position on their site. CC

War Memorial - Cllr. Adams confirmed information regarding war memorial has been sent to the church warden for comment.

Mr J Savage Memorial Bench – the executor for Mr Savages’ estate has confirmed acceptance costings of £1,000 in principle for bench in memory of Mr John Savage. Cllr Body proposed purchase of memorial bench and this was seconded by Cllr. Adams.
Action: Cllr. Body to request official confirmation of payment from executor prior to purchase of bench in 2018. VB

2018 Budget – Clerk presented draft budget for discussion by the Council. Discussion regarding potential inclusion of church ground maintenance into official budget.
Action: Cllr. Body to confirm church ground maintenance cutting frequency and cost and any other source of income to cover costs so Council can make budget decision. VB
Ownership of village hall maintenance pending report from Cllr. Thomson. LT
Quotes to be requested by Clerk for grass cutting. Potential for 2-3 yr contract. Clerk

10. Finance: Clerk confirmed bank account signatories have been fully updated and a request for a debit card to cover online purchases was agreed in principle and will be raised with the bank. Clerk

a) Present financial position: Parish Account £22,737.47
b) Payments Thirsk Payroll (Sept Inv retro) £ 16.25
BPP Grounds (Sept Inv DG170127 retro) £100.00
BPP Grounds (Oct Inv DG170158 retro) £ 40.00
BPP Grounds (Oct Inv DG170137 retro) £ 40.00
BPP Grounds (Nov Inv DG170168) £ 40.00
ROSPA (Sept Inv 31579 retro) £ 79.80
N Ford Stationery Expense £ 34.99
Clerk Salary June to Sept 2017

c) Receipts None

The payments at (b) were approved by Cllr Adams, seconded by Cllr Body and agreed nem con.

d) Bank reconciliation Cllr Adams signed off balance as at 29th October 2017.

11. Correspondence, matters of parochial interest and items for next agenda:
Parking in Manor Park – Resident of road has proposed contacting owner of 2 parked vehicles directly. Cllr. Body suggested raising issue of white parking lines on corner of Manor Park at next CATG meeting. VB

Cllr. Adams wished to minute the Parish Council’s thanks to Raine Cully for all her hard work as a councilor. She was a valuable member of the team and will be missed in her role.
It was noted that if anyone would like to join the Parish Council please contact the Parish Clerk.

12. Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 10 January 2107 at 7.30 pm.

13. Public Forum

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.00pm.

Note: All initials in Bold Type require Action

Signed……………………………..... Chairman Date………………………