Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Agendas and Minutes

Minutes of the Annual General Parish Meeting 2018

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL PARISH MEETING
HELD ON WEDNESDAY 9 MAY 2018 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT: Cllrs. Pat Adams (Chair), Vanya Body (Vice Chair), Steve Heppenstall, Alex Montague-Smith, Toby Till, Nigel Ford (Clerk)

The Parish Meeting began at 7.40pm.

Apologies for absence: Cllr. Wilson

Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2017/2018
Pat Adams proposed herself as Chairman, seconded by Steve Heppenstall and elected unopposed
Vanya Body proposed herself as Vice-Chairman and seconded by Toby Till and elected unopposed.

Minutes of the meeting held on 14 March 2018
Minutes of the meeting held on 14 March were accepted as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

4 Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Pat Adams signed her Declaration of Office in the presence of the Clerk.
Vanya Body signed her Declaration of Office in the presence of the Clerk.

5. Declarations of Interest: None
To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) Order 2001, revised 20

Matters outstanding from the last meeting:

CATG: Cllr Body Wiltshire Council engineer, Steve Hinds, is scoping the project for the CATG. Initial feedback is the Western gateway near Oka would be acceptable however more work is required for the Eastern end near the Pelican. Gates just before the Pelican were suggested by the Parish Council.
Brewhouse Hill changes require a survey which may incur costs. A crossing at the base of Brewhouse Hill was not favoured by Mr Hinds due to road curvature. Cllr Body to discuss further at next CATG meeting. VB

ARK: Wiltshire Council require submission of planning permission request. Reports needed in order to proceed with planning submission. Cllr Montague-Smith noted ecology report may highlight key breeding and growth times throughout the year which may have an impact on start dates. Cllr Body proposed costs to be investigated further for potential funding up to £1,500 from Parish Council and seconded by Cllr Adams. VB

Emergency Plan: Cllr Adams to continue work to update plan. PA

Election of Planning Committee: Cllr Montague-Smith, Cllr Heppenstall and Cllr Adams.
Election of Marlborough Area Board (MAB): Cllr Adams.

Planning: None




9. Finance:


a) Present financial position: Parish Account £26,418.39

b) Payments Parish Council Noticeboard Co. (balance) £930.00
PAYE (retro) £128.00 Payroll Service TP Jones (retro) £58.50
Cartridge People (retro) £38.78
Froxfield Website fee – L Saville (retro) £85.00
Clerk Fees £539.23

c) Receipts Wiltshire Council Precept £7,500.00

d) Annual Accounts To receive and approve the unaudited accounts for 2017/2018
and to agree the Governance statements.


The payments at (b) were approved by Cllr Adams, seconded by Cllr Montague-Smith and agreed nem con.

d) Bank reconciliation Cllr Body signed off balance as at 9 May 2018.


10. Correspondence, matters of parochial interest and items for next agenda:
Proposed memorial bench dedication to be held at the Beer Festival on 9th June.
Parish Council website to be re-designed. Cllr Till to research website overhaul costs. TB
Need to provide Parish Steward with an ongoing list of jobs. Cllr Adams to follow up with Cllr Wilson for possible ongoing monitoring. PA/CW
Riverview livestock to be added to July agenda. SH

Parish Clerk Nigel Ford gave notice for the position and Sarah Owens was proposed by Cllr Montague-Smith and seconded by Cllr Adams as the new Parish Clerk as of 1st June 2018.

11. Date of next meeting:
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 11 July 2018 at 7.30 pm.

12. Public Forum: None

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.30pm.

Note: All initials in Bold Type require Action



Signed……………………………..... Chairman Date………………………