Agendas and Minutes
Minutes of the Annual General Parish Meeting Wednesday 10 May 2016
10/05/16FROXFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to the Council: Graham Francis, 6 Cromwell Mews, MARLBOROUGH, SN8 1EN:
Phone/Fax 01672 519067 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL PARISH MEETING
HELD ON WEDNESDAY 10 MAY 2016 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL AT 8.08 pm
PRESENT: Cllrs. Colin Slater (Chairman), Pat Adams, Vanya Body, Claire Costello, Tertius Hough, Graham Francis (Clerk) and 2 members of the public.
1 Apologies for absence: David Wilson (work)
2 Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman for 2015/2016
- Colin Slater was proposed as Chairman by Claire Costello seconded by Pat Adams and elected nem con.
- Pat Adams was proposed as Vice-Chairman by Colin Slater, seconded by Vanya Body and elected nem con.
3 Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Colin Slater then signed his Declaration of Acceptance of Office in the presence of the Clerk
4 Minutes of meeting held on 9 March 2015
Minutes of the meeting held on 9 March were accepted as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
5 Declarations of Interest:
To receive Declarations of Interest in accordance with the Parish Councils (Model Code of Conduct) Order 2001, revised 2007
There were no Declarations of Interest and no requests for dispensation.
6 Matters arising from the minutes:
Emergency Planning – Cllrs Costello and Adams had produced a Community Emergency Plan for Level 1 as required by County. Cllr Costello said that it would not be difficult to complete the other levels if required.
Clean for the Queen – Cllr Costello reported that she had received help in this task and that Andrew Jack had supplied the various materials and equipment for the job.
7 Election of Councillors to the Planning Committee and representative on the Area Board:
- Cllrs Colin Slater, Pat Adams and David Wilson were elected to the Planning Committee.
- Cllr Claire Costello was elected as Froxfield representative on the Area Board.
No planning applications had been received
9 Electricity poles on way-lease:
Cllr Adams explained that there were several electricity poles on Council land which would qualify for a way-lease payment. She asked the Clerk to source a map of Council property. GF/PA
10 Highway Issues:
Cllr Hough reported on the recent CATG meeting where a scheme for A4 improvements had been sent to Cllr Sheppard but was not on the agenda. It was stated that Highways would have to visit Froxfield to ascertain whether these schemes could be implemented but it could not be considered for this year’s budget which means that nothing could happen until 2017/2018 at the earliest. This was a great disappointment to the Councillors who had worked hard to produce this report with its associated costs. Cllr Hough made it clear that nothing could be achieved at the CATG meetings unless Councillors were present to present their case.
The next meeting is on Thursday 25 June at Marlborough Town Hall.
a) Present financial position: Parish Account £11,208.82
- G Francis quarterly salary £534.11
- HMRC PAYE £126.80
- Thirsk Community Care payroll £65.00
- Froxfield Memorial Hall rent £80.00
- WALC subscription £128.78 (VAT £21.46)
- Zurich Municipal Insurance premium £412.41
- Andrew Ross Trading auditor £90.00 (VAT £15.00)
- BPP Grounds maintenance £80.00
c) Receipts Wiltshire Council Parish Precept £6303.31
The payments at (b) were approved by Colin Slater, seconded by Tertius Hough and agreed nem con.
d) Annual Accounts
The unaudited accounts for 2015/2016 were presented to Council for approval and acceptance together with the Annual Governance Statement.
It was proposed by Cllr Slater, seconded by Cllr Adams and agreed nem con that these be approved.
12 Correspondence, matters of parochial interest and items for next agenda:
- Cllr Body asked how we could acquire a defibrillator. Cllr Costello agreed to source CC
- Cllr Adams suggested that a lockable notice board should be purchased for the bus shelter as all notices pinned there seemed to disappear. The Clerk agreed to produce sample boards for the next meeting when the issue would appear as an agenda item.GF
- Cllr Body drew Council’s attention to a missing footpath connection near to Cobbs Farm shop on the A4. She had approached West Berkshire Council without success. The Chairman pointed out that this was not a matter for this Council.
- Cllr Body asked about a Council website to display Minutes and agendas. The Clerk explained that this was now a legal requirement and should be discussed. Item for next agenda. GF
- Cllr Hough announced that he would be retiring from the Council owing to commitments at home and his move away from the Parish. The Chairman thanked him sincerely for all his work on the Council and particularly his involvement with the traffic plans.
- The Chairman announced that he had spoken with Raine Cully who had expressed a wish to be co-opted. He proposed that she be accepted, seconded by Cllr Hough and agreed nem con.
13 Dates of next meetings –
The next meetings of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 13 July, Wednesday 14 September and Wednesday 9 November 2016.
There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 20.53